2 pounds ground beef
1 package dry onion soup mix > Form into balls and brown in skillet
1 cup minute rice, uncooked
½ cup catsup
1 Tblsp. mustard
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup water
Transfer meatballs to casserole dish or baking pan.
Pour sauce over meatballs.
Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes, and fresh broccoli or asparagus.
- Substitute can of cream of mushroom soup with ½ cup milk instead of barbecue sauce.
- Or try an oriental sauce, add pineapple chunks, and serve them over rice!
- Use beef flavored onion soup mix for a different taste.
- In a hurry? You don't have to brown the meatballs first! Just add 15 minutes to baking time.
- Larger meatballs make a meal, smaller ones are good for appetizers.
Close this window