BLT Pasta Salad
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, or your favorite whole wheat, veggie, low carb or fancy shaped pasta! Cook it according to package directions, drain, rinse and cool.
Toss pasta with:
5 green onions, thinly sliced
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1 1/4 cups diced celery
Mix well for dressing:
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip, choose your favorite)
5 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Pour dressing over pasta mixture, toss to coat, cover and chill at least two hours.
Just before serving, stir in:
1 pound bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and crumbled.
- Serve over a lettuce leaf with a couple extra wedges of fresh tomatoes or melon slices!
- You can use the pre-cooked bacon, I watch for sales and coupons and keep it on hand
- Or take the electric skillet outside! I cook the bacon and make the mess on the deck.
- Make ahead and go play, dinner’s waiting when you get back.
- Great excuse for a girl’s luncheon! Crackers, lemonade, ice tea, sorbet.....it’s time.