Enchiilada Brunch Bake
Hi all, I had this on Thursday for a brunch I went to and it was delicious! Wanted to share ! Hermi Krueger
3 cups sliced/chopped mushrooms
½ cup sliced green onions
½ cup chopped green pepper
8 slices of deli ham
8 flour tortillas (7 inch size)
1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups of milk
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• Sauté mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter/oil until tender; set aside.
• Mix the Swiss and cheddar cheese in a bowl; set aside.
• Place one slice of ham on each tortilla. Top each with some of the mushroom mixture and sprinkle with the mixed cheeses.
• Roll up tortillas and put seam side down in a greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
• Beat the flour, eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and hot pepper sauce until blended.
• Pour egg mixture over the tortillas
• Sprinkle with a little cheese
• Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
• Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees, for 35-45 minutes
~ Can use 2-3 cups leftover ham bits.
~ Add a 10 oz. package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry to the filling.
~ Or add a 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies for a little kick.
~ Not a Swiss cheese lover, Monterey Jack works well too.
~ Enjoy the unexpected pleasure of having breakfast together – or supper!