Mix together in the bottom of a roaster:
5 Tblsp. lemon juice
3-5 bay leaves
1 Tblsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. pepper
½ cup water
Lawry’s season salt to taste
Add 3 - 4 pound chuck roast.
Cover and bake at 250 degrees for 5 hours.
Remove bay leaves and any visible fat.
Shred with two forks, mix with juice and bake 15 minutes more.
Serve on Italian bread or hard rolls.
- Plan ahead, look for roasts on sale and freeze!
- OR...Cook up the meat and freeze it until the day of the party, or in smaller family-size containers.
- I put a frozen roast in the oven before I go to bed and set the timer. When I wake up, it’s done and ready to be shredded.
- 1 pound of meat makes 4 - 5 sandwiches.
- Crock pots and Nesco roasters work great for large parties.
- I cooked the roasts a couple at a time, shredded it and froze the meat in ice cream containers. Let it thaw the day before the party. On party day, set the roasters on low and enjoyed the day!