BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Cover and bake your favorite pork roast at 250 degrees for 5 to 6 hours, until meat easily pulls apart with a fork. You may use a bone-in pork shoulder butt roast (also sold as Boston butt roast or Boston-style butt), a fresh picnic shoulder, or boneless loin.
Remove any visible fat.
Shred with two forks, mix with juice and Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque sauce to taste.
Serve on hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls.
-My favorite is a boneless pork loin, lean, all meat. Although, if you can cook ahead, chill the juice and take off the fat, the others are very tender and have great flavor!
- Plan ahead, look for roasts on sale and freeze!
- OR...Cook up the meat and freeze it until the day of the party, or in smaller family-size containers.
- I put a frozen roast in the oven before I go to bed and set the timer. When I wake up, it’s done and ready to be shredded.
- For larger quantities of the Pork Barbeque, I’ve mixed a beef roast in too. Nice flavor combo.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s is sold by the gallon in some area stores!
- 1 pound of meat makes 4 - 5 sandwiches.
- Crock pots and Nesco roasters work great for large parties.
- I cooked the roasts a couple at a time, shredded it and froze the meat in ice cream containers. Let it thaw the day before the party. On party day I added the barbeque sauce, set the roasters on low and enjoyed the day!