Celebrate National S’mores Day! Happy 83rd Birthday to this famous Hershey treat
Terri’s favorites: Turn the classic into a Dark Chocolate Lover’s S’more. Place half of a Hershey’s Special Dark Semi-Sweet Chocolate bar on half of a graham cracker. Top with a toasted marshmallow and another half of a graham cracker. Or use a REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup in place of the Hershey’s bar! Around a camp-fire, in the micro-wave, or under the broiler…it’s always a good time for S’more Fun! www.smoresfun.com has more great recipes, below are a couple of my picks.
S'mores Sandwich Bar Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Mini Milk Chocolate Bars OR 5 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz. each)
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar until well blended in large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle mini chocolate bars over baked layer or arrange unwrapped chocolate bars over baked layer, breaking as needed to fit. Sprinkle with marshmallows; scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallows, forming top layer. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. 16 bars.
S'mores Toffee Almond Bars
• 12 to 14 whole graham crackers
• 3/4 cup HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 2 cups miniature marshmallows
• 3/4 cup sliced almonds
• 4 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Arrange graham crackers to cover bottom of 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
2. Place toffee bits and corn syrup in small, heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (small bits of almond will remain). Immediately pour mixture over graham crackers, spreading to cover crackers as much as possible.
3. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until toffee mixture is spreadable. Remove from oven; immediately spread toffee mixture to cover crackers. Top with marshmallows and almonds.
4. Return to oven; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff. Remove from oven; sprinkle surface with candy bar pieces. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 3 dozen bars.