From the kitchen of Melanie Packwood
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine in bowl:
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 c. sugar
1c. powdered milk
1 cup water, milk, or fruit juice from canned or frozen fruit
Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
Top with 4 cups any fruit: fresh, frozen, or canned
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden on top.
The crust begins on the bottom and ends up on the top!
- The consistency of the cobbler varies depending on variety of fruit and amount of juice, but still always tastes delicious!
- My family especially likes this served hot and topped with milk or ice cream.
- I have used a variety of fruits and fruit combinations, our favorites are apple-cranberry and strawberry-rhubarb – a note of caution when using sour fruits like rhubarb & cranberries: chop the fruit finely and mix a little sugar or cinnamon/sugar with it before pouring on top.
- When using naturally sweet fruits, like apples, you can reduce the sugar put into the crust, to taste.
- I don’t always have powdered milk and have successfully used just 1 cup milk in place of the both the powdered milk and 1 cup liquid, and it worked.
- Experiment and have fun!!