Homemade Hot Pockets
1 - 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 Tblsp. butter, softened
2 cups chopped chicken
2 Tblsp. minced onion
Salt and pepper
1 - 8 oz. can crescent dinner rolls or 1 can "flaky" biscuits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cream cheese with butter, add chicken and onion; mix well.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles, press to seal at perforations. Or, roll out biscuits to form 5 inch circles.
Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of each circle or square.
Fold over and pinch edges to form little loaves.
Place packets on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- I used the "Grands' size biscuits.
- Use leftover turkey, ham, or crab meat (drained well) with a drop or two of tabasco!
- Mix up your own inventionspepperoni, cheese, and a spoon of pizza sauce; taco meat and cheese; ham, scrambled eggs and cheese; or just ham and cheese.
- Fillings need to be thick, so easy on the gooey sauces or you won't be able to get the edges of the pockets sealed.
- Cheeses and fillings, that melt when baked, keep "pockets' moist.
Home-made hot pockets with sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange pockets in a glass baking dish.
Mix a can of Cream of Chicken or Cheese soup with half the milk called for and some shredded cheese until creamy and smooth.
Pour over loaves.
Bake until tops of rolls are fully browned and crusty, about 30-40 minutes.