From Adventures in Odyssey Clubhouse (www.clubhousemagazine.com)
For each person…
½ chicken breast
½ cup snow peas
¼ cup mushrooms (optional)
½ package instant ramen
1 cup water
2 Tblsp. vinegar
1 Tblsp. soy sauce
disposable pie pan
1 tsp. sesame oil (optional)
1. With a parent’s help, chop meat and vegetables into small pieces
2. Crush noodles and pour into pie pan. Top with meat and vegetables.
3. In a small bowl, mix water, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour over mixture in pan.
4. Completely cover pan with foil and seal edges tightly.
5. Cook over hot coals for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Unwrap the pan and drizzle sesame oil over your noodles.
You’re the Chef! If you’re camping in the backyard and can’t build a fire, use an oven set at
350 degrees or a gas grill set to medium heat. Try sausage or shrimp, peppers or broccoli. With individual packets, each family member can experiment to find the perfect flavor combination!
~ The oven isn’t quite as hot as the fire, not so drying, so ¾ cup water is plenty if using oven.
~ Serve with Ooey Gooey Banana Boats! Slice one large, unpeeled banana lengthwise, from stem to base, to make a boat. Cut fruit inside the peel into bite-size pieces. Stuff ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup mini-marshmallows between the banana pieces. Wrap banana tightly in foil and cook over hot coals for about 5 minutes, until chocolate melts.
~ Visit www.clubhousemagazine.com and www.clubhousejr.com for more recipes, devotions, crafts, games and fun ideas for kids!