The following constitutes General Contest Rules for all contests from The Family Radio Network (The Family) which includes the stations 91.9 FM WEMI/91.5 FM WEMY/91.3 FM WSTM/88.5 FM WGNV), both on and off-air and are in compliance with the state of Wisconsin §945.01, and 47 C.F.R. § 73.1216 of the FCC Rules and Regulations.
By entering any contest of The Family Radio Network, you accept the contest rules. If you do not agree to these contest rules, do not enter in a radio contest hosted by The Family.
1. All contests of The Family are open to U.S. citizens or legal U.S. residents (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal residence) and age thirteen (13) years or older, unless otherwise specified by The Family Radio Network.
2. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win any contest of The Family Radio Network.
3. Employees, board members and immediate family members of The Family Radio Network, are not eligible to participate in The Family contests. Immediate family members include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren whether by current marriage, past marriage, adoption or as in-laws. All contests are void where prohibited by law.
4. Odds of receiving a prize from The Family Radio Network will depend on the number of entries submitted in each contest. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. In the case of multiple entries by the same person, all entries may be discarded, and the entrant disqualified. Only one (1) prize per person within any sixty (60) day period will be awarded.
5. All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Any valuation of a prize is based on available information provided to The Family, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. If the prize requires filing of a 1099 form, winners must show a valid Social Security Card with proper identification in order to pick up the prize. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the legal parent/guardian, of the winner will receive the prize and complete appropriate paperwork, provided they have proper identification.
6. By participating, each participant and winner waives and releases any and all claims of liability against The Family, its officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, demands, and/or causes of action of any kind, foreseen or unforeseen, including but not limited personal injury or financial loss, which arises out of or results from the participant’s participation in the contest, or from the use of any prize. If required by The Family, or its promotional affiliates, winners must sign a liability release prior to receiving their prize.
7. Prizes will be mailed within thirty (30) calendar days after winning the prize or at the discretion of The Family. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibility of the winner to provide The Family with a current and correct mailing address. The Family is not
responsible for, nor obligated to replace, any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail. If the winner is instructed by The Family, or their promotional affiliates to personally pick up their prize, it must be claimed within thirty (30) calendar days of winning. The Family will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty (30) day time frame. All unclaimed prizes after thirty (30) days will automatically be forfeited. Under unique circumstances, a representative designated by the winner will be allowed to accept the prize for him or her. Written authorization from the winner, including the representative’s name, ID and a photocopy of the winner’s valid driver’s license is required.
8. In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, he/she automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. The Family then has the right, but not the obligation, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
9. In the event of a tie, winners will be decided by a random drawing. All contest decisions are final.
10. All contest entries become the property of The Family. The Family may withhold any or all contest entry materials for any reason station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest or for reasons relating to publicity or advertising. All contestants calling the studio during a contest, or entering online, agree to have their name, voice and/or likeness used on-air, on social media, or online. Contest participants agree that they may be contacted by telephone and the call may be recorded for potential use on air.
11. The Family is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or failures of any kind including: failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest. Your cell phone carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply with text messaging contests.
12. The Family may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. The Family will not be responsible or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
13. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of The Family will be final. In the event any contest specific rules conflict with these general rules, the contest specific rules shall control. On occasion, circumstances may require the rules of a contest to be modified. The Family reserves the right to interpret and apply all rules applicable to its contests and its interpretation and application shall be final.
14. The Family reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner (whether or not the winner’s identity has been announced) who does not adhere to the rules applicable to the contest in which he or she entered or who gains an unfair advantage through fraud or unsportsmanlike conduct in participating in the contest.
For a list of winners for a particular contest, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to 1909 W. Second Street Appleton, WI 54914-4630, identifying the name of the contest for which you would like to receive a winner’s list. All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received by The Family Radio Network after the contest is over but prior to three (3) months after the contest ends.